Tax Bills Issued in Collin, Dallas, Denton, Harris, Tarrant, Travis, and Williamson County
Most counties across Texas have now issued property tax bills for 2011 property taxes. The deadline for payment is January 31, 2012. If you are struggling to get your taxes paid by this deadline a property tax loan may be in your best interest. In general, Texas homeowners qualify for a property tax loan before the payment deadline if:
- There is no mortgage on the property, or
- There are delinquent taxes prior to 2011, or
- There is a current tax lien or tax loan against the property.
The benefits of getting a property tax loan now are:
- Some counties offer a discount for early payment of property taxes.
- A property tax loan will keep you from being assessed an initial penalty of 7% on February 1st.
- There is typically no prepayment penalty, so having your property taxes paid now can offer you peace of mind along with the flexibility to pay off the principal balance when it fits your schedule.
- If your property taxes are already past due, a property tax loan can prevent the tax assessor’s attorney from adding additional court costs and collection fees to your balance.
To learn more, call us toll free at 1-877-776-7391 for a low-pressure and honest evaluation of your best options. In addition, you can visit this page and enter your specifics and a loan officer will be happy to call and discuss your particular situation to see if a property tax loan is right for you.